What follows is a collection of style guides dealing with journalistic and public relations (PR) writing.
Note: If you are looking for more general writing style guides, then go to General Writing Style Guides.
- The Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual (1994). Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Basic Media Writing (1996, 5th edition), by Melvin Mencher. Madison, WI: WCB Brown & Benchmark Publishers.
- A Broadcast News Manual of Style (1994), by Ronald MacDonald. United Kingdom: Longman Group.
- Handbook for Public Relations Writing (1995, 3rd edition), by Thomas Bivins. Lincolnwood, IL: NTC Business Books.
- Language Skills for Journalists (1984, 2nd edition), by R. Thomas Berner. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- News: Reporting and Writing (1995), by John Vivian and Alfred L. Lorenz. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- News Reporting and Writing (1994, 6th edition), by Melvin Mencher. Madison, WI: WCB Brown & Benchmark Publishers.
- News Reporting and Writing (1992, 4th edition), by Brian Brooks, George Kennedy, Daryl R. Moen, and Don Ranly. St. Martins Press.
- News Writing and Reporting for Today’s Media (1991, 2nd edition), by Douglas A. Anderson and Bruce D. Itule. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Newswriting: From Lead to “30” (1991, 3rd edition), by William Metz. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Public Relations Writing: Form and Style (1991, 3rd edition), by Doug Newson. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- The Publicity Handbook (1992), by David R. Yale. Lincolnwood, IL: NTC Business Books.
- Working with Words: A Concise Handbook for Media Writers and Editors(1993, 2nd edition), by Brian S. Brooks and James L. Pinson. New York: St. Martin’s Press.
- Words Into Type (1974, 3rd edition). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- The Writing Craft (1985, 2nd edition), by Edward D. Yates. Raleigh, NC: Contemporary Publishing Company.