What follows is a collection of style guides dealing with writing about literature.
Note: If you are looking for more general writing style guides, then go to General Writing Style Guides.
- A Brief Guide to Writing from Readings (1997), by Stephen Wilhoit. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- The Elements of Writing About Literature and Film (1988), by Elizabeth McMahan. New York: Macmillan.
- A Handbook of Critical Approaches to Literature (1992), by Earle Labor, Lee Morgan, and Wilfred L. Guerin. Boston: Oxford University Press.
- A Handbook to Literature (1992, 6th edition), by Hugh C. Holman and William Harmon. New York: Macmillan.
- The Harper Handbook to Literature (1985), by Sheridan Baker, George Perkins, and Northrup Frye. New York: HarperCollins.
- Reading and Writing About Literature: Fiction, Poetry, Drama, and the Essay(1990), by Edward Proffitt. San Diego: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- A Reference Guide for English Studies (1990), by Michael J. Marcuse. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
- A Research Guide for Undergraduate Students: English and American Literature(1995, 4th edition), by Nancy L. Baker. New York: Modern Language Association.
- A Short Guide to Writing About Art (1981), by Sylvan Barnet. Boston: Little Brown.
- A Short Guide to Writing About Film (1994, 2nd edition), by Timothy Corrigan. New York: HarperCollins.
- A Short Guide to Writing About Literature (1992, 4th edition), by Sylvan Barnet. New York: HarperCollins
- Writing About Literature (1995, 8th edition), by Edgar V. Roberts. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Writing Incredibly Short Plays, Poems, Stories, by James H. Norton and Francis Gretton. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.